Box of Broadcasts
Box of Broadcasts (BoB) is an off-air recording and media archive service, produced by the British Universities Film & Video Council (BUFVC). It allows you to record TV and radio programmes scheduled to be broadcast over the next seven days as well as retrieving programmes from the last seven days from a selected list of recorded channels. In addition, you can watch programmes from the archive, create clips, and compile your favourite shows into playlists.
The use of BoB means lecturers can provide their students with material from a vast archive of off-air video and audio material, online, conveniently and without falling foul of any copyright laws.
To access BoB and more details please see the Library’s Box of Broadcasts webpage.
Please note that you may only access or use BoB in the United Kingdom. If you are in another country the licence does not apply and you may not access BoB content, even if you are an authorised user in the UK. See the ‘BoB terms and conditions‘ for further details.
Embedding BoB content into a MOLE Page
Videos from BoB can be embedded into MOLE pages. To do this:
- Navigate to the video you want to embed in Box of Broadcasts.
- Play the video for a few seconds and then pause it.
- Right click into the video and click on ‘Copy Video URL’
- In MOLE, navigate to the page where you want the link to appear.
- Use the ‘Build Content’ tab to create an ‘Item ‘
- Give the item a title (this will be the title of your link to the video)
- In the Item text editor section of the item select ‘Insert/Edit Embedded Media’
- On the resultant screen, paste the video URL into the ‘File/URL’ field
- Click on ‘Insert’ and then on ‘Submit’
Your link is now created and the video ready to play.
Note that in order to view the videos, students will have to be currently logged into Box of Broadcasts. A login link will appear at the bottom of the embedded video if they are not already.
If you experience any difficulties in using this eResource please call the Library HelpDesk on extension 27200 or email email@example.com.